According to U.S. Census data compiled in 2021, there are an estimated 16.5 million veterans in the U.S. today. Of those veterans, a large number experience stress-related effects from their time in the military.
To learn more about the effects military stress can have on veterans and how it can be managed, keep reading below.
What are some of the long-term effects of military stress?
- Increased depression.
- Increased anxiety.
- Increased risk of mental illness.
- Increased suicidality.
- Increased risk of disease.
- Increased risk of housing displacement.
- Increased risk of substance use disorder (SUD).
- Decreased social functioning.
- Difficulty entering the work field.
How can veterans manage the long-term effects of military stress?
- Seeking help from a qualified healthcare team — One way that veterans can manage the long-term effects of military stress on their mental and physical well-being is by seeking care from a team of healthcare professionals. Healthcare professionals who specialize in clinic operations, behavioral health, and occupational health are likely to benefit veterans. These professionals are experts in helping veterans overcome the long-term effects of military stress and explore ways to cope and thrive.
Valor Healthcare wants to help veterans overcome the long-term effects of military stress
Valor Healthcare is a veteran-founded healthcare organization. We aim to provide whole healthcare services to veterans and other patriots. We are the largest contracted provider of outpatient healthcare services for veterans and take pride in delivering world-class services. We were one of the first community-based outpatient clinics to be accredited for ambulatory care by the Joint Commission and continue to focus on quality across all our lines of business.
Valor Healthcare is a team made up of veterans and leading clinicians. We are passionate about making resources available to those who have served our country. Valor was first established in 2004, when an Army veteran and a Navy veteran joined together to create something they both believed in — good-quality outpatient care for veterans.
Interested in the types of services a veteran-focused health consultant company can provide? We specialize in each of the following:
- Outpatient clinic operations.
- Occupational health.
- Behavioral health.
- Population health.
- Value-added services.
Would you benefit from any of the services listed above? If you’re a veteran who has unique circumstances due to military stress, we believe we can help. Our healthcare professionals have the expertise in the effects of military service to help guide you through it. Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team for guidance at any one of our national locations. Valor Healthcare partners with public and private medical clinics to bring high-quality healthcare to American veterans. If you are a healthcare professional, you can partner with us to give your patients access to data-driven, 21st-century care.