Military members frequently deal with psychological and neurological changes to the brain after their time in the service. Service members who are frequently exposed to high-stress environments are especially prone to experiencing these types of brain changes.
To learn more about how military service can change your brain, keep reading the information below.
What changes does military service cause in the brain?
- Changes in sensory processing.
- Changes in mood regulation.
- Changes in motor skills.
- Changes in language skills.
- Changes in perceptions of pain.
- Changes in mental health conditions.
What solution is available to treat brain changes after military service?
- Therapy — One of the more effective solutions for dealing with changes in the brain, such as mood regulation and mental health conditions, is therapy. Therapy can be positive for a variety of people, especially veterans. It can help them learn to cope with and manage their symptoms. The goal of therapy is to improve daily mental functionality and improve quality of life. There are many types of evidence-based therapies proven effective to treat different symptoms and available for veterans. If you’re a veteran who is managing new changes in your brain after your time spent in the service, we think therapy can help you.
Valor Healthcare wants to help you learn how your brain can undergo changes after the military
Valor Healthcare is a veteran-founded healthcare organization. We aim to provide whole healthcare services to veterans and other patriots. We are the largest contracted provider of outpatient healthcare services for veterans and take pride in delivering world-class services. We were one of the first community-based outpatient clinics to be accredited for ambulatory care by the Joint Commission and continue to focus on quality across all our lines of business.
Valor Healthcare is a team made up of veterans and leading clinicians. We are passionate about making resources available to those who have served our country. Valor was first established in 2004, when an Army veteran and a Navy veteran joined together to create something they both believed in — good-quality outpatient care for veterans.
Interested in the types of services a veteran-focused health consultant company can provide? We specialize in each of the following:
- Outpatient clinic operations.
- Occupational health.
- Behavioral health.
- Population health.
- Value-added services.
Would you benefit from any of the services listed above? If you’re a service member who has noticed changes in your brain and you’re not sure what to do, don’t hesitate to reach out to our team for guidance. We’re located in a variety of locations across the U.S., and we’re prepared to give you the guidance you’re looking for to manage your brain changes. Valor Healthcare partners with public and private medical clinics to bring high-quality healthcare to American veterans. If you are a healthcare professional, you can partner with us to give your patients access to data-driven, 21st-century care.