People don’t always have the time or energy to see physicians in person. Having one-on-one communication from home is a great option.
Secure messaging is a service offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) that allows veterans to speak directly to their healthcare team online. It’s a way to ask healthcare questions as well as keep track of appointments and medications. Haven’t tried the VA secure messaging system? Here are five reasons you should give it a try.
Why should veterans use secure messaging?
Secure messaging has many benefits for veterans in the VA healthcare system. It helps with everything from organization to education. It reinforces a partnership between veterans and their healthcare providers. Here are five reasons that veterans should take advantage of the online service:
- Asking medical questions — For questions that aren’t emergencies, like treating a common pain, veterans can ask their VA provider through secure messaging.
- Making appointments — Veterans can use secure messaging to schedule and keep track of appointments with a VA health facility.
- Requesting personal information — VA providers can use secure messaging to keep veterans updated about their prescriptions, lab results, and referrals.
- Updating the team — Keeping veterans’ VA healthcare team in the know about current medical needs and conditions can help them determine how to make sure that the veterans are receiving the care that they need, and how to proceed in the future.
- Learning — Veterans can use secure messaging to get health education resources from the Veterans Health Library.
Secure messaging for veterans is available for those who are patients at a VA health facility and are enrolled in VA healthcare. Veterans can only speak to providers who have agreed to use secure messaging.
Valor Healthcare is a VA healthcare provider
Valor Healthcare is a veteran-founded healthcare organization. We aim to provide whole healthcare services to veterans and other patriots. We are the largest contracted provider of outpatient healthcare services for veterans and take pride in delivering world-class services. We were one of the first community-based outpatient clinics to be accredited for ambulatory care by the Joint Commission and continue to focus on quality across all our lines of business.
Valor Healthcare is a team made up of veterans and leading clinicians. We are passionate about making resources available to those who have served our country. Valor was first established in 2004, when an Army veteran and a Navy veteran joined together to create something they both believed in — good-quality outpatient care for veterans.
Interested in the types of services a veteran-focused health consultant company can provide? We specialize in each of the following:
- Outpatient clinic operations.
- Occupational health.
- Behavioral health.
- Population health.
- Value-added services.
Would you benefit from any of the services listed above? Don’t hesitate to reach out to our team for guidance. Valor Healthcare partners with public and private medical clinics to bring high-quality healthcare to American veterans. Partner with us to give your patients access to data-driven, 21st-century care.